Wednesday, March 25, 2015



When I read the Into The Gloss article on Kim Karashian's hair routine, I was greatly intrigued.....





"For my hair, I don’t wash it every day. We start out with a blowout on day one, then we go into a messier vibe the next day, and then we flat iron it and do a really sleek look on day three since that requires a little oil in the hair. Day four could be a slicked-back ponytail, and on the fifth day is when you wash it." 





Say what you want about her, girlfriend always looks put together so it's worth a read. I've always heard it wasn't good for your hair to wash it everyday, but my stick straight, fine hair tends to get lifeless if I don't. Matching a hair style to where you're at in your washing cycle sounded like a strategy that might actually work for me though. I was very curious if I'd see a difference in my hair health. Here's what happened....










Day 1:  I applied leave in conditioner and heat protectant and rough dried my hair. Then I curled  with a 1/4 inch clipless curling iron in an effort to create Kate Hudson-esque curls. I deem this moderately successful, my hair is feeling clean, life is good.












Day 2: I can still get behind day 2 because it's the messy day and I'm great at not brushing my hair. Sometimes I like to think I can pull off that cool, undone Sienna Miller look (that's how it goes in my mind at least). I added some Bumble & Bumble sea salt spray . Still feeling good.














Day 3: is suppose to be the sleek look. My hair felt oily to me, but I powered through. I also took this picture at the airport after a 24 hour trip to Seattle where I didn't bring any dry shampoo so that would have helped (I like Garnier's dry shampoo). Hair shininess is one of my main goals here and I notice it definitely looks much shinier than normal. 











Day 4: is the slicked back pony. The oil doesn't bother me as much as day 3 as your hair must be this oily for the look, which made it feel intentional, which helped me mentally deal with oily hair. 







Final Verdict:  I really liked this approach and noticed a tangible difference in my hair!  It felt softer and shinier than before, which I wasn't even expecting after my first try (thought I would do this for weeks before writing a post). I also hate doing my hair so having this plan helped make it seem like minimal effort. I'll definitely continue adapting to this new way of life and will share another update soon.







So what do you guys think, do you already wash your hair less and this is old news or are you excited to try this?







1 comment:

  1. Loved this. I usually wash my hair on the 3rd day… 4 seems rough but I think I'll give this a try minus the wearing it straight on day 3.

    ReplyDelete

Come Play

Fav Reads

Powered by Blogger.
09 10