Monday, March 30, 2015







Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to wear and I don't know how that's physically possible. Being the logical creature I am,  I've been paying very careful attention to what I buy to understand how this phenomenon occurs so I can stop it. My first realization is...





I don't buy clothes for my everyday life.





 I'm like a child drawn to the shiniest object. Wine country weekend? I have more dresses than there are grape varietals.  Cocktail party? Pop, fizz, clink, I am ready to go. Casual lunch around the neighborhood? Guaranteed I stare blankly at my closet. Friday night dinner with girlfriends? Yeah, not sure what to do here either. I fill life with as many wine tastings and cocktail parties as possible (of course), but I want to feel equally fabulous in my casual moments....yet, I hadn't been buying clothes for those moments. So now when I go shopping, if I have visions of wine country I redirect my brain to visions of errands and it's helped me make smarter buying decisions. Ultimately, I want to buy less and wear what I have more.





 I took these shots on a very typical San Francisco Saturday on my way to grab a green juice and a jacket from my tailor. When I'm off duty, it turns out I prefer menswear button downs and comfortable pants to be worn with flats over sun dresses. Adding a beautiful silk scarf is always a good idea. I feel casual, but still "me" and that's the goal. 







1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I always buy sparkly, sequin skirts and dresses but I have like one denim buttondown and one pair of jeans that I just wear over and over again.

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete

Come Play

Fav Reads

Powered by Blogger.
09 10